Bachelor of Public Health
The Bachelor of Public Health prepares students to pursue careers in the public, private, or non-profit sector in areas such as public health, environmental health, health administration, epidemiology, nutrition, biostatistics, or health policy and planning.
- Minimum of Five (5) "O" level credits or better which must include English Language and Mathematics.
- Successfully use problem-solving skills to address complex public health problems
- Effectively and persuasively communicate public health ideas to a target population in written and verbal format using a variety of media
- Demonstrate leadership
- Develop expertise in the five areas of public health: social and behavioural sciences, epidemiology, biostatistics, environmental health, and health services management and policy
- Analyse determinants of morbidity and mortality
- Plan, implement, and evaluate small-scale public health interventions
- Conduct a community needs assessment
- Act as a resource person in public health
- Synthesise the tools and principles of public health as applied to a new public health problem